||pencil asparagus (the skinny ones)
||shallots, peeled and cut julienne
||orange olive oil
||fresh orange juice
||coarse sea salt
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Place olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add shallots. Sauté until clear and golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, orange juice and zest.
- Sauté until asparagus is warm, about 30 seconds.
- Season with sea salt.
- This dish can also be served chilled with segments of oranges over the top.
More Side Dish Recipes