Cook Time: 15 minutes | Chill Time: 30 minutes | Yields: 20 energy bites
• 1 cup dried unsweetened apple rings
• 1 cup packed pitted dates
• ½ cup raw, unsalted almonds
• 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
• Pinch of salt
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil or light olive oil
• 1 tablespoon water (or more as necessary)
Add apple rings and dates to a food processor or blender and process on high until finely ground. Add almonds and grind again until combined.
Add almond butter, spices and coconut oil, and process again until a dough begins to form. If the mixture is too dry, add water one tablespoon at a time until the mixture comes together into a sticky dough.
Form mixture into balls and repeat until no dough remains. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator, and keep energy bites stored in the refrigerator.