Prep Time: 5 minutes | Rest Time: 4 hours | Serves: 2
• 1 mashed ripe banana
• 1 cup whole rolled oats
• 1 cup milk of choice
• 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pumpkin seeds
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoons cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• Dash of sea salt
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
1. Mash the banana in the bottom of a sealable jar or bowl. Add other ingredients and stir well to combine.
2. Refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 4 hours. Serve hot or cold.
3. Garnish with sliced banana or more nuts if desired.
• If using plant-based milk, oat milk and cashew milk yield the best results.
• Do not use quick or instant oats for this recipe. Quick oats have been processed to have much of the fiber removed, and are more likely to cause a spike in blood sugar.