Blueberry Oatmeal bake
Adapted from cookieandkate.com
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 ½ cups frozen wild blueberries, divided
- 2 cups milk (any kind: cow’s, almond, soy, etc.)
Optional: substitute a whole mashed banana and reduce milk to 1 ¾ cups
- 3 Tbsp flax seed
- ½ to 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp of either brown sugar or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375o. Grease or line a 9” x 13” pan with non-stick foil.
Whisk ingredients except oats, blueberries, and pecans together in a medium bowl.
- Add ½ of oatmeal to pan.
- Sprinkle on half of the berries.
- Top with about ¼ of the milk mixture.
- Add the remaining blueberries and top with the rest of the oats.
- Top with remaining milk mixture.
- Sprinkle on pecans.
Bake at 375o until firm, about 35 minutes.