PCF is seeking an organized, creative self-starter who likes to put their smarts to good use. We are a team of driven and innovative change-makers, with an entrepreneurial spirit, working together to change the lives of men with prostate cancer and their families. We are looking for someone who wants to use their passion for social media and short form storytelling to make a difference in the world.
Full-time / Exempt
Reports to: VP, Content
Key Duties of the Manager, Community and Social Media will include but are not limited to the following:
● Work with content and marketing to create a social voice that is on-brand
● Set strategy for each distribution channel (with a primary focus on Email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
● Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video and HTML) that encourages stakeholders to act
● Create social media editorial calendars and syndication schedules in advance
● Interact with the community on all channels, responding to comments, requests for resources, and feedback on a daily basis
● Stay abreast of trends and ideas the community is engaged with and interested in.
● Experiment with fundraising tactics, video tactics, live-streaming, gifs, audio, and other multi-media storytelling across platforms
● Stay ahead of social trends, proposing tests and trial programs and using analytics to expand our presence on new platforms as they gain traction
● Assist in ideation, execution and production of blogs, infographics, and other content formats.
● Create, curate and place engaging visual design elements to accompany posts
● Assist with setting objectives and KPIs for audience growth; use analytics to prepare reports and act across all platform.
● Engage with and build a strong influencer list
● Understand the basics of prostate cancer care and how to guide people to seek out the best care from their medical providers
● Strong attention to detail with well-honed organizational skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability and willingness to strategize and execute
● Possess knowledge and experience with traditional communications and marketing
● Experience strategically distributing content across platforms—in a timely, compelling way
● Experience programming a broad array of content across platforms—scheduling, optimizing, testing, and repackaging
● Demonstrate deep social media knowledge and impactful/successful social media campaign development and execution experience
● Keen eye for grammar and spelling
● Working knowledge of social fundraising tools
● Possess a PCF mission-oriented curiosity and drive
● Ability to curate and tell heartfelt and meaningful stories
● Possess both analytical and creative skills in marketing, communications, and social media
● Display in-depth working knowledge of social media platforms and their respective communities, strengths, and optimal deployment strategies
● Maintain working knowledge of SEO, SEM, CRO, PPC, and Google Analytics
● Highly collaborative with PCF internal and external stakeholders
● BS/MA in Communications, Marketing, New Media, or Public Relations
Please submit a cover letter and resume with. Feel free to include links to projects. Only local, direct candidates (no recruiters) and no phone calls. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) is the world’s leading philanthropic organization funding and accelerating prostate cancer research. Founded in 1993, PCF has raised more than $700 million and provided funding to more than 2,000 research programs at more than 200 cancer centers and universities. The PCF global research enterprise extends to 19 countries. PCF advocates for greater awareness of prostate cancer and more efficient investment of governmental research funds for transformational cancer research. Its efforts have helped produce a 20-fold increase in government funding for prostate cancer. More information about PCF can be found at www.pcf.org.
Browse all careers here