PCF is seeking a Program Assistant to support and advance PCF’s Veteran’s Health Initiative. We are looking for someone who enjoys administrative support, thrives in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, and excels at time management, organization, and planning skills. Your love of efficiency, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and good judgement to ensure smooth operations of the program make you successful in this role.
You will also have passion for making a key difference in the world and a strong interest in the foundation’s ability to solve complex problems in health through innovative programs. You love using new digital tools, take initiative, can handle a full desk with ease, and write and articulate ideas clearly. You are inspired by the Foundation’s mission to end death and suffering from cancer by supporting ground-breaking research.
Reports to: Chief of Staff & Senior Director, Government Relations
Key Duties of the Program Assistant will include but are not limited to the following:
• Schedule a high volume of appointments/meetings and manage complex calendars across a number of time zones and through multiple communication links
• Arrange and track extensive domestic and international travel for the team (including securing visas when required). Travel arrangements may also be required for participants of foundation-sponsored meetings
• Compile and process invoices, expense reports, reimbursements, and check requests with accuracy and timeliness for the team members and participants of meetings
• Schedule and plan on-site and off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, and preparing and disseminating materials
• Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects
• Create, modify, and/or maintain organized files and records
• Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including acting as a liaison for with internal and external partners, answering questions, and routing requests
• Work proactively and take initiative to support the varying needs of the team
• Experience in an office setting is desired, preferable in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts
• Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning coordination
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at an all levels
• Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint is required. Previous experience MS SharePoint and OneNote preferred but not required. Experience in learning and mastering new software applications
• Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work, including a commitment to client-service and problem solving
• Undergraduate degree and outstanding record of academic achievement
• Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
• Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of an organization
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
• Willingness to travel
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Feel free to include links to projects. Only local, direct candidates (no recruiters) and no phone calls. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
About the Prostate Cancer Foundation
The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) is the world’s leading philanthropic organization funding and accelerating prostate cancer research. Founded in 1993, PCF has raised more than $700 million and provided funding to more than 2,000 research programs at more than 200 cancer centers and universities. The PCF global research enterprise extends to 19 countries. PCF advocates for greater awareness of prostate cancer and more efficient investment of governmental research funds for transformational cancer research. Its efforts have helped produce a 20-fold increase in government funding for prostate cancer. More information about PCF can be found at www.pcf.org.
Browse all careers here