About the Prostate Cancer Foundation
The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) is the world’s leading philanthropic organization funding and accelerating prostate cancer research. Founded in 1993, PCF has been responsible for raising close to $1 billion in support of cutting-edge research by more than 2,200 research projects at 220 leading cancer centers in 22 countries around the world. Thanks in part to PCF’s commitment to ending death and suffering from prostate cancer, the death rate is down by 52 percent and countless more men are alive today as a result. The Prostate Cancer Foundation research now impacts more than 70 forms of human cancer by focusing on immunotherapy, the microbiome, and food as medicine. Learn more at www.pcf.org.
Director, Database Operations
The Director, Database Operations provides a full range of management and administrative support to the Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) through data entry and management of donor data within PCF’s donor database (Raiser’s Edge, RE NXT) and other data sources (including Luminate Online). Working with one direct report as well as multiple consultants, the Director will be responsible for data operations for the department. This includes but is not limited to: accurate constituent and gift entry, campaign analytics and data maintenance. This position will provide the support PCF needs to make data-driven decisions for fundraising and prospecting efforts, including multiple direct response and marketing appeals.
Full-time / Exempt
Reports to: Vice President, Development
Direct Reports: 1
Location: Santa Monica office, but will consider remote/flexible schedule.
Key Duties of the Director will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Insure donor data is entered accurately and thoroughly.
- Establish expectations and guidelines for data clean up and maintenance.
- Manage gift acknowledgment processes.
- Document all database processes and procedures in Confluence, PCF’s internal wiki, and keep this documentation updated.
- Utilizing data-driven reports, advise all of PCF on campaign metrics. Working with the VP, Development, help to provide strategic insight for future campaigns.
- Train PCF staff on the basics of RE NXT. Guide staff with best practices to help them get the most out of NXT.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experienced non-profit professional preferred
- 5 years of Raiser’s Edge (RE) experience
- Some experience using RE NXT
- Experience integrating data from multiple systems
- Team building and management skills and experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only direct candidates (no recruiters) and no phone calls. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.