About the Prostate Cancer Foundation
The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) is the world’s leading philanthropic organization funding and accelerating prostate cancer research. Founded in 1993, PCF has raised nearly $1 billion and provided funding to more than 2,300 research programs at more than 245 cancer centers and universities. The PCF global research enterprise extends to 28 countries. PCF advocates for greater awareness of prostate cancer and more efficient investment of governmental research funds for transformational cancer research. Its efforts have helped produce a 20-fold increase in government funding for prostate cancer. More information about PCF can be found at www.pcf.org.
Director, Golf Enterprises
This role develops and maintains relationships for current and potential programs using the sport of golf as a medium for fundraising and building awareness. Those relationships are with golf tournament coordinators, vendors, golf professionals, and other golf industry professionals and professional bodies such as the PGA, PGA TOUR, USGA, various golf course management groups and other industry related businesses. This position will effectively utilize golf for stewardship and growth of the PCF donor and supporter base.
Full-time / Exempt
Reports to: VP, Sports Initiatives
Key Duties of the Director, Golf Enterprises will include but are not limited to the following:
- Build relationships with event coordinators, developing event growth plans and strengthening revenue for the PCF
- Manage effective communications promoting the mission of the Prostate Cancer Foundation with individuals, businesses and organizations in the golf industry
- Manage, maintain oversight and drive growth of current programs to ensure efficient, productive and profitable events including:
- Blue Ribbon Golf – Grass Roots Program (formerly Arnie’s Army Battles Prostate Cancer)
- Other programs as they are developed using golf as a medium
- Support the larger golf programs, events and initiatives as directed
Other Duties | Relationships to be managed as directed
- Conduct research and keep current on the golf industry, partnerships, and collaborations:
- Multiple Golf Management Groups in the Golf Industry
- Multiple Golf Properties throughout the United States
- All Golf industry and other program related vendors
- Agilis Co. (fulfillment)
- Understand relations of the PGA TOUR, PGA of America, USGA, and affiliate associations in the United States
- Support marketing and efforts to grow and perpetuate the golf programs
- Perform administrative duties as required by internal PCF departments
- Contribute to organization-wide efforts aimed at reinforcing, enhancing, and cultivating the PCF donor base
- Travel required, approximately 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the golf industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A thorough understanding of the golf industry, particularly as it relates to tournament business
- PGA membership is recommended
- Knowledge of budgets – creating, managing, and dictating
- Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to budget and manage time effectively and efficiently
Salary range: $75,000 – $90,000 annually dependent upon experience.
Annual PGA dues paid.
Comprehensive competitive benefits package offered, featuring medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and 403b retirement plan.
Hybrid position with routine office presence established; remote position to be considered dependent upon candidate.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with salary history. Feel free to include links to projects. Only local, direct candidates (no recruiters) and no phone calls. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.