Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb baby new potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs wax beans or thin green beans, blanched
- 1 lb cherry or pear tomatoes
- 1 lb roasted red or yellow peppers, medium diced
- 4 oz baby lettuce leaves
- ½ cup pitted niçoise olives or small black olives
- 2 lbs fresh tuna, salmon, or other meaty fish
- 2 Tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp shallots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 hard- or soft-boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
- To taste – sea salt and black pepper
- balsamic vinegar or vinaigrette dressing
- Combine 1 Tbsp olive oil, shallot, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Pour over fish and allow to marinate in the refrigerator.
- Wash potatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Coat with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees until soft and golden, tossing a couple of times (about 30 minutes total).
- Place fish in an oven-safe sauté pan and sear on both sides. Finish cooking in a 350 degree oven.
- Place lettuce on a large serving plate; arrange potatoes, green beans, roasted peppers, cherry tomatoes in various sections on plate to make a nice presentation.
- Place egg quarters around lettuce to look like a star.
- Place fish in center, sprinkle with olives, and drizzle with a good-quality balsamic vinegar or your favorite vinaigrette dressing.