Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4-6
• 1 head of green cabbage (about 2 lbs.)
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1. Cut the cabbage in half and slice it as thinly as possible, cut-side down. Discard the core.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Now add the fresh herbs and sauté for another minute.
3. Add the cabbage, salt, and pepper and sauté for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook the cabbage until it is tender and begins to brown.
4. Just before turning off the heat, add the vinegar and adjust any seasonings to taste. Serve warm.
1. If using dried herbs, substitute one tablespoon of fresh herbs with one teaspoon of dried herbs.
2. For a visually appealing presentation, use half green and half purple cabbage.