The Prostate Cancer Foundation 23rd Annual Scientific Retreat
October 27 – 29, 2016
La Costa Hotel; 2100 Costa Del Mar Rd., Carlsbad, CA 92009
The Prostate Cancer Foundation’s Annual Scientific Retreat is one of the most highly regarded international scientific meetings for prostate cancer. This invitation-only conference is attended by leading clinical and basic research scientists, as well as senior leadership of business, government agencies and the drug and medical device industry.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation 23rd Annual Scientific Retreat will begin on Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 1:30 pm and conclude on Saturday, October 29, 2016 by 12:15 pm.
The PCF Young Investigator Day meeting will be held for PCF-funded Young Investigators and special invitees only, on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm. The reception and dinner will follow the meeting. All currently-funded PCF YIs are required to attend PCF Young Investigator Day.
On Thursday October 27, from 8:45 am – 1:00 pm, Drs. Karen Knudsen, Lorelei Mucci, and Himisha Beltran are hosting a special Women’s Networking Forum meeting and luncheon in conjunction with the PCF Scientific Retreat. The goal of this event is to create a forum by which to strengthen the stellar network of PCF women, to build collaborations through discussion and social events, to ensure a strong pipeline of female prostate cancer scientists and clinicians, and to identify opportunities for further training, mentoring and synergy. All female attendees are invited to join this event. Please RSVP on the registration form if you plan to attend. PCF will not cover any costs for additional hotel nights to attend this event. However, an additional block of rooms has been reserved for anyone arriving on Wednesday, October 26, who will attend this event.
The 23rd Annual Scientific Retreat is an invitation-only meeting.
Invitations are non-transferable.
PCF expects attendees to be present for the entire conference. This conference has limited space availability. PCF will accept registration on a first come, first served basis. The limited registration slots will be granted to those invitees who do not arrive late or leave early.
The registration deadline is Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 5:00 pm U.S. Pacific Time.
AIR TRAVEL/FLIGHT INFORMATION
For designated attendees, the Prostate Cancer Foundation will provide a stipend for air travel to the event, as detailed on the registration form you have received. All attendees are expected to book their own travel reservations.
Please refer to your registration form for the
stipend amount for your city and reimbursement details. PCF will NOT reimburse airfare in excess of the stipend amount. Please book your flights early.
For designated attendees, PCF will provide reimburse specified expenses for ground transportation to and from SAN DIEGO AIRPORT (SAN).
Please refer to your registration form for reimbursement details.
PCF will not reimburse for vehicle rentals.
OPTIONS FROM SAN DIEGO AIRPORT (SAN) — 32 MILES:
- Shuttle Service: Transportation is available through Super Shuttle to the hotel. For a reservation call, (800) BLUE VAN (258-3826) or visit online at http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/SanDiegoSAN. For designated attendees who select this option on the registration form, PCF will organize shuttle service to and from the San Diego airport.
- Taxi: Approximately $100.00
- Uber & Lyft: Approximately $40.00 – $50.00
PCF has booked a block of rooms at the Omni La Costa Hotel for the nights of Thursday, October 27th and Friday, October 28th.
Room availability prior to October 27, 2016 is reserved for Young Investigator Day & pre-meeting attendees and for international travelers. A limited number of rooms are available for the night of Saturday, October 29th. Attendees requiring accommodations pre/post meeting duties will be accommodated based on availability.
The following guidelines apply to hotel accommodations:
- Please indicate the nights you plan to stay on your registration form.
- PCF will reserve hotel rooms. Please do not contact the hotel directly.
- Please refer to your registration form for hotel charges you are responsible for.
- A hotel confirmation will be sent to you in early October, 2016.
- Please note: if you commit to a certain number of rooms and do not use them (“No Show,” early departure and/or cancellation), your credit card will be charged a $150.00 cancellation fee plus the room fee for each night you do not use.
- All accommodation changes must be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 570-4597 prior to 5:00pm U.S. Pacific Time on September 23, 2016 to avoid any fees.
- Please do not contact the hotel directly to make changes.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation will provide all meals during the meeting times. Please indicate on the registration form which meals you will be joining. This will enable us to have an accurate headcount for meals and seating. PCF will not reimburse room service or meals outside of our planned menu.
The abstract submission deadline is Friday, September 16, 2016 by 11:59 pm U.S. Pacific Time.
As an invited attendee, you are highly encouraged to submit an abstract summarizing your recent prostate cancer research. All currently-funded PCF YIs are required to submit an abstract summarizing their latest, ongoing work.
All abstracts will be posted on www.pcf.org. Due to space restrictions, a limited number of submissions will be selected to present posters at the meeting.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts need to be submitted by uploading a Microsoft Word document containing your abstract on the Registration form.
- The font must be in Tahoma, 10pt. Please make sure all formatting and special characters are displayed properly before submission. Failure to follow formatting guidelines may result in incorrect display of your abstract.
- Abstracts must include: Authors, Affiliations, Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions, and Conflict of Interest and Funding Acknowledgements.
- Word limit: 450 words including references.
- For questions related to Abstract submission, please contact Andrea Miyahira at email@example.com or (310) 570-4705.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Each poster must be a minimum of 36″ x 48″ and cannot exceed 48″ (vertical) x 96″ (horizontal).
- Copies of the poster on 11” x 17” paper can accompany the poster as handouts but cannot be mounted on the poster boards.
Poster board assignments and details on poster set-up will be emailed to you by October 3, 2016.
The Poster Session will be held on Thursday, October 27, 2016, from 8:30pm to 11:00pm in Costa Del Sol ABC.
Posters can be set up any time after 5pm on Wednesday, October 26, 2016.
All Posters must be removed from poster boards by 10am on Friday, October 28, 2016.
- Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 5:00 pm U.S. Pacific Time: Registration Deadline.
- Friday, September 16, 2016 at 11:59 pm U.S. Pacific Time: Abstract Submission Deadline. Click here to upload your abstract.
- Friday, September 23, 2016: Deadline to enter Airline arrival & departure flights here.
- Monday, October 3, 2016: All Abstracts uploaded on www.pcf.org/2016retreat and poster board assignments and poster set-up details to be emailed.
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016: PCF-Young Investigator Day at the PCF 23rd Annual Scientific Retreat (by special invitation only).
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm: Women in Science meeting and luncheon (RSVP required).
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 1:30 pm: Commencement of the Plenary Session of the PCF 23rd Annual Scientific Retreat and Poster Presentation.
- Saturday, October 29, 2016: End of the 23rd Annual Scientific Retreat.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation 23rd Annual Scientific Retreat is designed to be an open forum of discussion among prostate cancer researchers. Representatives from the media may be invited by the PCF to attend the meeting as a way to keep them up-to-date on the latest advances. However, there is no formal press program and media representatives will be required to obtain permission from the presenters and PCF prior to reporting on any spoken or printed information gleaned from the Retreat.
REIMBURSEMENT & FEES POLICY
PCF will issue reimbursements to select meeting attendees after the retreat, according to the following policies. Your registration form will indicate the details of what costs will and will not be specifically covered for you by PCF.
- Air Travel – will be reimbursed only up to the stipend amount indicated for each city of origin.
- Ground transportation – PCF will reimburse for ground transportation up to $50.00 each way between the airport and the Omni La Costa Resort. PCF will NOT reimburse for vehicle rentals.
- Hotel – PCF will reserve and pay directly for hotel rooms. PCF will NOT reimburse for charges other than room and tax. If you commit to a certain number of rooms and do not use them (“No Show,” early departure, and/or cancellation), your credit card will be charged a $150.00 cancellation fee plus the room fee for each night you do not use.
- Meals – PCF will provide all meals during the meeting times. PCF will NOT reimburse room service or meals outside of our planned menu.
- Please submit all receipts for reimbursements after the retreat.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
General inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 570-4718.
Abstract for poster presentations please contact email@example.com or (310) 570-4705.