The Prostate Cancer Foundation 24th Annual Scientific Retreat
October 5-7, 2017
Omni Shoreham Hotel
2500 Calvert Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
The Prostate Cancer Foundation’s Annual Scientific Retreat is one of the most highly regarded international scientific meetings for prostate cancer. This invitation-only conference is attended by leading clinical and basic research scientists, as well as senior leadership of business, government agencies and the drug and medical device industry.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation 24th Annual Scientific Retreat will begin on Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 2:00 pm and conclude on Saturday, October 7, 2017 by 12:00 pm.
The PCF Young Investigator Day meeting will be held for 2013-2017 PCF-funded Young Investigators and special invitees only, on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm. The YI reception and dinner will follow the meeting. All currently-funded PCF YIs are required to attend PCF Young Investigator Day.
On Thursday October 5, from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, Drs. Karen Knudsen, Lorelei Mucci, and Himisha Beltran are hosting The 2nd Annual PCF Women’s Networking Forum meeting and luncheon in conjunction with the PCF Scientific Retreat. The goal of this event is to create a forum by which to strengthen the stellar network of PCF women, to build collaborations through discussion and social events, to ensure a strong pipeline of female prostate cancer scientists and clinicians, and to identify opportunities for further training, mentoring and synergy. All female attendees are invited to join this event. Please RSVP on the registration form if you plan to attend. PCF will not cover any costs for additional hotel nights to attend this event. However, an additional block of rooms has been reserved for anyone arriving on Wednesday, October 4th, who will attend this event.
The 24th Annual Scientific Retreat is an invitation-only meeting.
Invitations are non-transferable.
PCF expects attendees to be present for the entire conference. This conference has limited space availability. PCF will accept registration on a first come, first served basis. The limited registration slots will be granted to those invitees who do not arrive late or leave early.
The registration deadline is Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 5:00 pm U.S. Pacific Time.
AIR TRAVEL/FLIGHT INFORMATION
For designated attendees, the Prostate Cancer Foundation will provide a stipend for air travel to the event, as detailed on the registration form you have received. All attendees are expected to book their own travel reservations.
Please refer to your registration form for the stipend amount for your city and reimbursement details. PCF will NOT reimburse airfare in excess of the stipend amount. Please book your flights early.
For designated attendees, PCF will provide reimburse specified expenses for ground transportation to and from the airport. PCF will not reimburse for vehicle rentals.
Please refer to your registration form for reimbursement details.
OPTIONS FROM DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (IAD) – 30 MILES
- Shuttle Service: Transportation is available through SuperShuttle to the hotel. SuperShuttle is located at Ground Transportation and must be scheduled by the guest by calling (800) BLUE-VAN [(800) 258-3826]. The trip is approximately $29 for one passenger and an additional $10 for each additional passenger.
- Taxi: Approximately $50 – $70. Travel time 45 minutes.
- Uber: Approximately $50 – $70. Travel time 45 minutes.
- Metro: Follow the Ground Transportation signs to the Washington Flyer Shuttle Service. Take the Washington Flyer shuttle bus to West Falls Church metro. Board the Orange Line train in the direction of New Carrollton. Transfer to the Red Line toward Shady Grove @ Metro Center. Exit at Woodley Park/Zoo Metro Station; at the top of escalators, cross right onto 24th, go left to the end of the block. The hotel is located diagonally across Calvert Street. Approximately $10 one way/$18 roundtrip. Travel time 20 – 30 minutes.
OPTIONS FROM REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT (DCA) – 8 MILES
- Shuttle Service: Transportation is available through SuperShuttle to the hotel. SuperShuttle is located at Ground Transportation and must be scheduled by the guest, by calling (800) BLUE-VAN [(800) 258-3826]. The trip is approximately $12 for one passenger and an additional $10 for each additional passenger.
- Taxi: Approximately $20 – $30. Travel time 18 minutes.
- Uber: Approximately $20 – $30. Travel time 18 minutes.
- Metro: Take the Blue Line metro in the direction of Largo to the Metro Center. Change to the Red Line in the direction of Shady Grove. Take the Red Line to the Woodley Park/Zoo Metro Station. The hotel is located 1 block from the Metro. Once you have exited the Metro via the escalators, go to the right and down the stairs. Go to the left and walk to Calvert Street (1 block). Cross the street and take a right. The hotel will be on your left-hand side. Approximately $1.35 – $2.55 per person.
OPTIONS FROM BALTIMORE/WASHINGTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (BWI) – 45 MILES
- Shuttle Service: Transportation is available through SuperShuttle to the hotel. SuperShuttle is located at Ground Transportation and must be scheduled by the guest, by calling (800) BLUE-VAN [(800) 258-3826]. The trip is approximately $37 for one passenger and an additional $12 for each additional passenger.
- Taxi: Approximately $100. Travel time 60 minutes.
- Uber: Approximately $100. Travel time 60 minutes.
- Train: Take the free shuttle from the airport to BWI Marshall Rail Station and take either the AMTRAK/MARC train to Union Station. Once at Union Station, take the >Metro (Red Line) in the direction of Shady Grove to the Woodley Park/Zoo/Adams Morgan stop. The hotel is located half a block from the Metro. Approximately $6 for MARC and $1.75 for Metro. MARC is available Monday – Friday (limited schedules on holidays). AMTRAK is available daily with service on the weekends (ticket prices vary).
PCF has booked a block of rooms at the Omni Shoreham Hotel for the nights of Thursday, October 5th and Friday, October 6th.
Room availability prior to October 5, 2017 is reserved for Young Investigator Day & pre-meeting attendees and for international travelers. A limited number of rooms are available for the night of Saturday, October 7th. Attendees requiring accommodations pre/post meeting duties will be accommodated based on availability.
The following guidelines apply to hotel accommodations:
- Please indicate the nights you plan to stay on your registration form.
- PCF will reserve hotel rooms. Please do not contact the hotel directly.
- Please refer to your registration form for hotel charges you are responsible for.
- A hotel confirmation will be sent to you in late September, 2017.
- Please note: if you commit to a certain number of rooms and do not use them (“No Show,” early departure and/or cancellation), your credit card will be charged a $150.00 cancellation fee plus the room fee for each night you do not use.
- All accommodation changes must be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 570-4597 prior to 5:00pm U.S. Pacific Time on September 6, 2017.
- Please do not contact the hotel directly to make changes.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation will provide all meals during the meeting times. Please indicate on the registration form which meals you will be joining. This will enable us to have an accurate headcount for meals and seating.
The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, August 30, 2017 by 5:00 pm U.S. Pacific Time.
As an invited attendee, you are highly encouraged to submit an abstract summarizing your recent prostate cancer research. All currently-funded PCF YIs are required to submit an abstract summarizing their latest, ongoing work.
All abstracts will be posted on www.pcf.org. Due to space restrictions, a limited number of submissions will be selected to present posters at the meeting.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts need to be submitted by uploading a Microsoft Word document containing your abstract on the Registration form.
- The font must be in Tahoma, 10pt. Please make sure all formatting and special characters are displayed properly before submission. Failure to follow formatting guidelines may result in incorrect display of your abstract.
- Abstracts must include: Authors, Affiliations, Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions, and Conflict of Interest and Funding Acknowledgements.
- Word limit: 450 words including references.
- For questions related to Abstract submission, please contact Andrea Miyahira at email@example.com or (310) 570-4705.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Each poster must be a minimum of 36″ x 48″ and cannot exceed 48″ (vertical) x 96″ (horizontal).
- Copies of the poster on 11” x 17” paper can accompany the poster as handouts but cannot be mounted on the poster boards.
Poster board assignments and details on poster set-up will be emailed to you in late September.
The Poster Session will be held on Thursday, October 5, 2017, from 8:30pm to 11:00pm.
Posters can be set up any time after 12pm on Wednesday, October 4, 2017. All Posters must be removed from poster boards by 8am on Friday, October 6, 2017.
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 5:00 pm U.S. Pacific Time: Registration Deadline.
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 5:00 pm U.S. Pacific Time: Abstract Submission Deadline. Abstracts can be uploaded on the Registration form on the next page.
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 5:00 pm U.S. Pacific Time: Deadline to email hotel accommodation changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, September 11, 2017: All Abstracts uploaded on the PCF Retreat website and app, and poster board assignments and poster set-up details to be emailed.
- Friday, September 15, 2017: Deadline to enter Airline arrival & departure flights.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2017, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm: PCF-Young Investigator Day for 2013-2017 PCF Young Investigators and special invitees only
- Thursday, October 5, 2017, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm: Women in Science meeting and luncheon (RSVP required).
- Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 2:00 pm: Commencement of the Plenary Session of the PCF 24th Annual Scientific Retreat and Poster Presentation.
- Saturday, October 7, 2017 by 12:00 pm: End of the 24th Annual Scientific Retreat.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation 24th Annual Scientific Retreat is designed to be an open forum of discussion among prostate cancer researchers. Representatives from the media may be invited by the PCF to attend the meeting as a way to keep them up-to-date on the latest advances. However, there is no formal press program and media representatives will be required to obtain permission from the presenters and PCF prior to reporting on any spoken or printed information gleaned from the Retreat.
REIMBURSEMENT & FEES POLICY
PCF will issue reimbursements to select meeting attendees after the retreat. Your registration form will indicate the details of what costs will and will not be specifically covered for you by PCF. Please submit all receipts for reimbursements after the retreat.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
General inquiries please contact email@example.com or (310) 570-4597.
Abstract for poster presentations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 570-4705.