Have a Question? See below for FAQs for the Challenge:
If you cannot find your answer below, please email email@example.com. Please be patient as we do see high volume and at times can take up to 24 hours for a response.
Starting June 1st, we encourage everyone to track ALL miles completed during the month. Since 100 miles in 30 days is no easy feat, we want to make sure everyone has a chance to finish the challenge. If you exceed 100 miles, keep walking and share your progress with the group!
GivePanel is the software that we use to help make the fundraiser creation process as simple as possible – it only takes 1-click to get started. The GivePanel software will only have access to the fundraiser that you create for the challenge. This will allow our team to easily track fundraising totals in real-time.
You have to manually set your fundraiser to run through July 1st. Facebook’s automatic default is two weeks. You can edit your fundraiser any time before it closes, but you won’t be able to change the date once it ends. If your fundraiser has already ended, we encourage you to start a new one and continue fundraising through the end of the challenge (July 1st). You can include a note on your Facebook wall letting your friends and family know how much money you already raised during your first fundraiser if you wish!
If using a Computer/laptop, click “More” then “Edit.” If using a mobile phone, Click “Edit” on your fundraiser and set it to June 1st.
We are unfortunately unable to merge your two fundraiser totals into one but not to worry as PCF will still collect 100% of donations from both fundraisers. We suggest ending one of your fundraisers and then keep raising funds with the other. You can include a note on your Facebook wall letting your friends and family know what your total is if you wish!
The fastest way to locate your Facebook fundraiser is to visit: https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/manage/. If you are unable to locate your fundraiser using this link, please visit your personal Facebook page then scroll down until you see an icon to access your fundraiser. If your fundraiser is still active, you should be able to locate it from your personal Facebook page.
Here are some tips for how you can get your first donation or continue to receive more:
- Share your fundraiser on all your social platforms, with your colleagues, friends, and family
- Invite people to your fundraiser using the invite button at the top of your fundraising page
- Donate to your own fundraiser (Facebook recommends this to get your Fundraiser off the ground)
- Post photos and videos to your social media and on your fundraising page to inspire people to support you
- Ask your workplace if they can match fund your fundraising total as this will really help to maximize vital funds
No, fundraising is not required to receive your t-shirt or participate in the challenge. However, as a non-profit organization, we rely on donations to continue funding life-saving research for patients. Remember, there is no minimum donation target, so any donation received once you create your fundraiser is much appreciated. We are very grateful for every donation received!
A Facebook fundraiser for PCF is the same as a fundraiser for this challenge. Just ensure your end date is set to April 1st.
Please allow 2-3 weeks to receive your t-shirt once you complete the form.
Due to the volume of amazing supporters taking part in this challenge and the long delays with the postal service, we are unable to change t-shirt sizes. T-shirts are limited to two per household, while supplies last.
If you would like to support the challenge off Facebook, visit PCF.org/100MilesJune to see instructions on how to set up a fundraiser through our peer-to-peer platform, OneCause.
If you have a friend/family member that would like to make a donation to your fundraiser off of Facebook, here are a few ways:
- Send a check made payable to The Prostate Cancer Foundation, including the name of the fundraiser, to 1250 Fourth Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Collect the donation directly, then apply the amount to your Facebook fundraising page
- Make a donation via PCF.org/100milesjune, including the name of the fundraiser on the donation form
All donations made to a Facebook fundraiser must be reversed through Facebook. Please follow the below steps to contact Facebook support:
- While logged into Facebook (you must be logged in or else you are taken to a page about disabled accounts) go to https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/1032538800469748
- You should see the below screen.
- Then you go through the steps: Charity Donation > I donated to a fundraiser on Facebook > Refund for my donation > Other reason and then you can pick the donation