Herb-Crusted Wild Salmon with Vegetable Ribbons
• 2 4oz fillets of wild salmon (skin off and bones removed)
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp shallots, chopped
• 1 tsp garlic, chopped
• 2 tbsp nuts, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 tbsp fresh chives or basil chopped
• pinch black pepper and sea salt
• 1 tsp citrus zest (lemon/orange or lime)
• olive oil cooking spray
- Mix all chopped ingredients, citrus zest, salt, and pepper with 1 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Dredge each piece of fish in the chopped coating, pressing down on each side.
- Heat the remaining Tbsp of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook salmon about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place in a 350o oven and finish cooking about 5 additional minutes or until white juice seeps out of the fish.
- Serve with vegetable ribbons (see below).
• 1 leek, cut julienne (in short, thin strips)
• 2 carrots, peeled and cut julienne
• 2 stalks celery, peeled and cut julienne
• 1 bulb fennel, cut julienne (optional)
• 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• to taste sea salt and black pepper
- Place olive oil in a sauté pan on a low heat.
- Add leeks and sauté 1 minute. Add carrots, celery and fennel.
- Sauté 2 minutes until just soft.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.