One of PCF’s goals is to support transformational prostate cancer research to accelerate progress towards the reduction of death and suffering due to recurrent or advanced prostate cancer. How do we hope to accomplish this? By funding cross-disciplinary teams of investigators in strategic areas through our Challenge Awards.
Teams may be assembled from one institution, or from several institutions and should be comprised of at least three highly experienced investigators capable of providing unique scientific expertise to the solution of a significant problem in prostate cancer research. Ranging from $300,000 to $1,500,000 per year for 3 years, these awards will cover direct costs of the research.
PCF Research Awards Notification: Sign up here to be notified as research RFA’s become available.
The expectation of a PCF Challenge Award is not the same as a Program Project Grant, where significant infrastructure is often mandated (cores in reagents, biostatistics, etc.). Rather, PCF is interested in funding a team that will use the award to perform research in ways that existing grants and awards are NOT now available to address challenging research problems. The application of novel biotechniques and inclusion of new research expertise to a challenging problem in prostate cancer basic or translational research is strongly encouraged from applicants. Partnerships of investigators doing “first in field” cancer research currently working outside the field of prostate cancer are encouraged to join with established prostate cancer investigators in these teams.
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2020
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2019
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2018
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2017
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2016
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2015
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2014
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2013
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2012
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2011
- View Challenge Awards-Class of 2008