Mashed Potatoes with Olive Oil, Chives and Sea Salt
|2 lbs||Yukon Gold potatoes (peeled and diced into 3/4” cubes)|
|½ cup||chicken stock, milk, or plain unsweetened soymilk|
|3 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp||fresh chives|
|to taste||sea salt (large flakes)|
|to taste||cracked black pepper|
- Add potatoes to a large pot with enough water to cover them by an inch or so and bring the water to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. (About 15 minutes)
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pot, and cook the drained potatoes over low heat for a couple of minutes to evaporate some of the water still in the potato.
- Mash by your method of choice.
- Blend in milk or chicken stock and olive oil.
- Season to taste with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Fold in chives.