Prep Time: 25 minutes (includes marinating) | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 60 minutes/1 hour
• 2 medium or 1 large eggplant
• ¼ cup olive oil
• ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
• ½ teaspoon dried basil
• ½ teaspoon dried thyme
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Slice the eggplant crosswise to make circles, about ½ inch thick. If using large eggplant, cut into half-moon circles.
3. In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and seasonings in a bowl.
4. Combine eggplant and marinade in a re-sealable zipper storage bag or a shallow dish. Seal or cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
5. When ready to cook, arrange the eggplant slices on a large baking sheet in a single layer.
6. Roast the eggplant slices in the oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until soft and golden.
• This pairs great with the herbed quinoa!
• You can also cook the eggplants on the grill or on a grill pan.