Roasted Vegetables and Tofu with Savory Sauce
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 package extra-firm tofu
- 8 ounces broccoli florets* (cut larger ones in half)
- 1 large sweet potato,* washed thoroughly and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp tamari
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chile-garlic sauce
- Optional: 2 cups brown rice (cooked without salt), for serving
- Remove the tofu from the package and set aside on 2 layers of paper towel. Allow to sit for ~20 minutes while you prep the vegetables.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the broccoli and tofu on one baking sheet and the sweet potatoes on the other. Toss with olive oil, a little salt, and pepper. Spread vegetables and tofu in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add tamari and remaining ingredients to a small saucepan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves (1-2 minutes). Cover and set aside.
- Pass the sauce at the table and drizzle over vegetables/tofu and brown rice, to taste. Leftover sauce keeps well in the refrigerator.
*You can use other vegetables if you prefer; cut in similar-sized pieces to ensure similar roasting time.
Sauce recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen/The How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook