The Prostate Cancer Foundation 26th Annual Scientific Retreat
October 24 – 26, 2019
La Costa Hotel; 2100 Costa Del Mar Rd., Carlsbad, CA 92009
The Prostate Cancer Foundation’s Annual Scientific Retreat is one of the most highly regarded international scientific meetings for prostate cancer. This invitation-only conference is attended by leading clinical and basic research scientists, as well as senior leadership of business, government agencies and the drug and medical device industry.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation 26th Annual Scientific Retreat will begin on Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 1:00 pm and conclude on Saturday, October 26, 2019 by 12:30 pm.
The PCF Young Investigator Day meeting will be held for 2015-2019 PCF Young Investigators and special invitees only, on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm. The reception and dinner will follow the meeting. All currently-funded PCF YIs are required to attend PCF Young Investigator Day.
The 4th Annual Women’s Networking Forum meeting and luncheon will be held on the morning of Thursday, October 24th. All attendees are invited to join this event. Please RSVP on the registration form if you plan to attend. PCF will not cover any costs for additional hotel nights to attend this event. However, an additional block of rooms has been reserved for anyone arriving on Wednesday, October 23rd, who will attend this event.
The 26th Annual Scientific Retreat is an invitation-only meeting.
Invitations are non-transferable.
PCF expects attendees to be present for the entire conference. This conference has limited space availability. PCF will accept registration on a first come, first served basis. The limited registration slots will be granted to those invitees who do not arrive late or leave early.
The registration deadline is Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 5:00 pm U.S. Pacific Time.
AIR TRAVEL/FLIGHT INFORMATION
For designated attendees, the Prostate Cancer Foundation will provide a stipend for air travel to the event, as detailed on the registration form you have received. All attendees are expected to book their own travel reservations.
Please refer to your registration form for the
stipend amount for your city and reimbursement details. PCF will NOT reimburse airfare in excess of the stipend amount. Please book your flights early.
For designated attendees, PCF will provide reimburse specified expenses for ground transportation to and from SAN DIEGO AIRPORT (SAN). Please refer to your registration form for reimbursement details.
OPTIONS FROM SAN DIEGO AIRPORT (SAN) — 32 MILES:
- Shuttle Service: Transportation is available through Super Shuttle to the hotel. To reserve a shuttle, you can visit https://www.supershuttle.com/#gref
- Taxi Service: Approximately $100.00.
- Uber & Lyft: Approximately $40.00 – $60.00.
PCF has booked a block of rooms at the Omni La Costa Hotel for the nights of Thursday, October 24th and Friday, October 25th.
Room availability prior to October 24, 2019, is reserved for Young Investigator Day & pre-meeting attendees and for international travelers. A limited number of rooms are available for the night of Saturday, October 26th. Attendees requiring accommodations pre/post meeting duties will be accommodated based on availability.
The following guidelines apply to hotel accommodations:
- Please indicate the nights you plan to stay on your registration form.
- PCF will reserve hotel rooms. Please do not contact the hotel directly.
- Please refer to your registration form for hotel charges you are responsible for.
- A hotel confirmation will be sent to you in early October, 2019.
- Please note: if you commit to a certain number of rooms and do not use them (“No Show,” early departure and/or cancellation), your credit card will be charged a $150.00 cancellation fee plus the room fee for each night you do not use.
- All accommodation changes must be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (310) 570-4597 prior to 5:00pm U.S. Pacific Time on September 27, 2019 to avoid any fees.
- Please do not contact the hotel directly to make changes.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation will provide all meals during the meeting times. Please indicate on the registration form which meals you will be joining. This will enable us to have an accurate headcount for meals and seating. PCF will not reimburse room service or meals outside of our planned menu.
The abstract submission deadline is Friday, September 13, 2019 by 11:59 pm U.S. Pacific Time.
All invited attendees are highly encouraged to submit an abstract summarizing recent prostate cancer research. All currently-funded PCF YIs are required to submit an abstract summarizing their latest, ongoing work.
All abstracts will be posted on www.pcf.org and the PCF Retreat Mobile App. Due to space restrictions, a limited number of submissions will be selected to present posters at the meeting.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts need to be submitted by uploading a Microsoft Word document containing your abstract on the Registration form.
- The font must be in Tahoma, 10pt. Please make sure all formatting and special characters are displayed properly before submission. Failure to follow formatting guidelines may result in incorrect display of your abstract.
- Abstracts must include: Title, Authors, Affiliations, Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions, and Conflict of Interest and Funding Acknowledgements. Abstracts that do not include ALL of these sections will be returned to the submitter for correction, and/or rejected.
- Word limit: 450 words for the body of the abstract, including references.
- For questions related to Abstract submission, please contact Andrea Miyahira at email@example.com (310) 570-4705.
Consideration for Oral Presentation
This year a small number of abstracts may be selected for an oral presentation. Those who wish for their abstract to be considered for an oral presentation must indicate so by checking the appropriate box on the abstract submission form.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Each poster must be a minimum of 36″ x 48″ and cannot exceed 48″ (vertical) x 96″ (horizontal).
- Copies of the poster on 11” x 17” paper can accompany the poster as handouts but cannot be mounted on the poster boards.
Poster board assignments and details on poster set-up will be emailed to you by September 30, 2019.
The Poster Session will be held on Thursday, October 24, 2019, from 8:00pm to 10:30pm. Posters will be arranged in alphabetical order by the presenting author’s last name.
For poster presentation inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 570-4705.
- Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 5:00 pm U.S. Pacific Time: Registration Deadline.
- Friday, September 13, 2019 at 11:59 pm U.S. Pacific Time: Abstract Submission Deadline. Abstracts can be uploaded on the Registration form on the registration form.
- Friday, September 27, 2019: Deadline to enter Airline arrival & departure flights on the registration form.
- Monday, September 30, 2019: All Abstracts uploaded on https://www.pcf.org/scientific-retreat/26th-annual/ and poster board assignments and poster set-up details to be emailed.
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019: PCF-Young Investigator Day at the PCF 26th Annual Scientific Retreat (by special invitation only).
- Thursday, October 24, 2019: 4th Annual Women’s Networking Forum meeting at the PCF 26th Annual Scientific Retreat.
- Thursday, October 24, 2019: Commencement of the Plenary Session of the PCF 26th Annual Scientific Retreat and Poster Presentation.
- Saturday, October 26, 2019: End of the 26th Annual Scientific Retreat.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation 26th Annual Scientific Retreat is designed to be an open forum of discussion among prostate cancer researchers. Representatives from the media may be invited by the PCF to attend the meeting as a way to keep them up-to-date on the latest advances. However, there is no formal press program and media representatives will be required to obtain permission from the presenters and PCF prior to reporting on any spoken or printed information gleaned from the Retreat.
REIMBURSEMENT & FEES POLICY
PCF will issue reimbursements to select meeting attendees after the retreat. Your registration form will indicate the details of what costs will and will not be specifically covered for you by PCF. Please retain all receipts to submit for reimbursements after the retreat.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
General inquiries please contact email@example.com or (310) 570-4718.
Abstract for poster presentations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 570-4705.